Guidelines for Virtual Presentation Recording
The official language of the conference is English.
All presentation including discussion and submissions shall be made in English.
Instruction for Oral Presentations
As an online virtual conference, all presentations will be pre-recorded by the presenter and uploaded to a designated repository by April 14. See instructions below.
The conference itself will run on April 22-24 in parallel sessions (see Program) chaired with live introductions and Q&A.
NOTE: SusTech 2021 intends to host the pre-recorded presentations later on IEEE.tv.
Duration for each category of oral presentation are listed below:
- Workshops will be LIVE
- Plenary Talks are scheduled for 60 minutes (including 5-10 minutes of Q&A)
- Regular (author) Talks are scheduled for 20 minutes (including 3-5 minutes of Q&A). Upload deadline April 14
- Panelist who provide a recording are 3-10 minutes.
Plenary speakers and Panelists: the conference committee will provide instructions for you regarding submitting your recording.
Authors Guidelines for Preparing Recording
Authors please use the following guidelines for preparing your video for uploading using Zoom MP4. NOTE: Zoom generated MP4 are compact; PPT MP4s can be very large.
Duration: up to 20 minutes (including 3-5 minutes for LIVE Q&A with attendees)
File size limit: 100MB file
File format: MP4
Recommended video height: 480 pixels (or whatever will keep size down to 100MB or less)
Aspect ratio: 16:9
Upload deadline: April 14 (midnight PT)
Please use this PPT Template for your slides.
Follow the instructions below to create the recording file.
The presenting author(s) will receive a link to a Google Form to upload the video.
Please start early: given that the resulting video files can be very large, they might need a long time to transfer, and you might not be able to upload them in time if you start late.
Please play the recording after you make it to verify the audio quality. Check the microphone setup. We recommend a headset so you won’t get laptop fan noise etc. Also be in a quiet location – a coffee shop is not appropriate.
Instructions for Recording
The easiest way to prepare your presentation video will be to subscribe to the free version of Zoom and use it to record your presentation video. A 20 minute presentation should be well below 100MB.See video instructions below.
Alternately, you can use Voice-over-PowerPoint (available in PowerPoint 2016 & 2019) and create a PPTSX file. Then Export to MP4. Note the generated MP4 by PPT Save-As is typically quite large and will likely need to be compressed to meet the size limit of 100MB for author uploads. Be sure to verify that the audio is included as there have been problems with PPT recordings. See the Microsoft support article here.
Please check the recording for quality and understandability, and for timing, as it needs to fit into the specified duration. We recommend using a headset so you won’t get laptop fan noise etc. in the recording.
Here are three links for videos showing as how to record a presentation with Zoom:
1. How to install and setup Zoom and create recording
2. Detailed instructions on setting up Zoom meeting to make recordings.
3. Advanced tips for recording – multi-segment
- SusTech 2021 Program Guide available
- SusTech 2021 Program Registration
- Announcing SusTech 2021 Home Automation IoT Workshop
- SusTech Talks #7 – Better Environmental Assessment Tools Help Property Owners, Investors & Lenders Cope with Increasing Flood, Extreme Weather and Climate Risks
- SusTech Talks #6 – Sustainable Electronics – From Dumped e-Waste to a Circular Economy: What is Needed?
There are no upcoming events at this time.
San Fernando Valley Section
Coastal Los Angeles Section