Student Poster Contest
STUDENT POSTER CONTEST – ONLINE
*** Final Deadline Extended 15 February 2021 ***
Download PDF Flyer
SusTech 2021 invites undergraduate and graduate students to submit abstracts for the Student Poster Contest.
Students are invited to send in ideas or designs for developing projects/products supporting the sustainability topics areas of the Conference. The selected posters will be displayed during the SusTech 2021 Virtual (online) Student Poster Session, on
on Thursday April 22 starting at 5:00 pm and ending by 9:00 pm.
The deadline to submit poster abstracts is midnight US Pacific Time,
December 15, 2020 February 15, 2021.
Notification of acceptance:
January 31, 2021 February 28, 2021.
Accepted posters must register for the contest and pay a $50 submission fee.
Download 1-page flyer Call for Posters Presentation (PDF).
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Poster authors must be either undergraduate or graduate students at the time of submission and may be members of a team comprising of up to four students. At least one student author must be an IEEE student member at the time of the submission of the poster to the Contest. The poster should be fully the work of the student or students and completed before they have received the engineering or scientific degree. At least one author must attend the Contest to present the poster.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Topics of interest are shown below. Posters must cover a topic relevant to the conference.
|Renewable/Alternative Energy||(e.g. solar, wind, tidal, fuel cells, energy harvesting, nuclear, thermal, power distribution)|
|Energy Efficiency||(e.g. sensors and measurement, retrofits of existing infrastructure, energy saving controls, data centers, power saving, Smart Environment)|
|Internet of Things / IOT for sustainability||(e.g.: sensors, computing, control, communication, storage and drive electronics targeted for IOT applications, medical electronics)|
|Smart Grid||(e.g. communications, control, power electronics, industrial and home applications, energy storage, demand control and response)|
|Intelligent Transportation Systems||(e.g. transportation electrification, electric vehicles, autonomous vehicles, aviation/drones, motors, drive controls, batteries, sensors, electronics & fuel economy, environmental & power distribution impacts)|
|Electronics||(e.g. sustainable manufacturing and industrial applications, components and systems, global materials supply, reuse and repair of consumer electronics, Open repair manuals and on-line repair and electronics sustainability resources, best practices)|
|eWaste||(e.g. reduction, conversion, disposal, recycling, materials harvesting, reuse, managing product lifecycle)|
|Agriculture and Food Technology||(e.g. control and production of fertilizers, soil, water conservation, irrigation, fisheries)|
|Ecological Sustainability and Conservation||(e.g. technology to monitor global environmental change, technology for conserving nature on the high and deep seas, technology for nature conservation and management, technology to reduce the spread of invasive species, technologies to reduce the ecological foot print of a growing (blue) economy, technology to measure progress towards the sustainable development goals)|
|Water Resources Management||(e.g. quantity and distribution of water in natural and the built environment, sensors, controls, systems to treat, reclaim, and conserve water)|
|Ocean Waste & Pollution Management||(e.g. engineering solutions for industrial & military dumping in the oceans, CO2 trapping in the oceans effect, acoustic pollution, technologies for managing coastal oceans)|
|Societal Implications / Quality of Life||(e.g. engineering of sustainable solutions, implementation challenges for sustainable technologies, Smart Cities, health & medical electronics, global education & human resources, ethics and professional responsibility, risk management, public policy)|
If you have any questions or problems submitting your abstract, contact the SusTech 2021 Poster Contest Chair, Prof. Sean Monemi, firstname.lastname@example.org. Contestants will need to prepare an electronic (PDF) poster of no larger than 48 x 36 inches.
The abstracts from 2020 can be found here.
Feb. 15, 2021
|Submission deadline for poster abstract|
Feb. 28, 2021
|Notification of Acceptance|
|Apr. 22, 2021||VIRTUAL (online) Poster Presentations|
Cash prizes will be awarded for first, second and third places as determined by the judges. First place $750; second $500; third(x2) $250. Information on the winners will be posted on the SusTech and IEEE Region 6 websites.
RULES REGARDING SUBMISSIONS
- Poster authors must be undergraduate or graduate students at the time of submission and may be members of a team comprising of up to four students.
- At least one student author must be an IEEE student member at the time of the submission of the poster to the Contest.
- The poster should be fully the work of the student or students and completed before they have received their engineering or scientific degree.
- The poster abstract should not be previously published or presented at another conference which has assigned copyright. If any plagiarism or copyright issues are found for the abstract, it will not be accepted.
- Poster abstracts must be submitted by the deadline. Abstracts submitted afterward will not be considered for evaluation.
- The organizing/review committee of the SusTech 2021 Student Poster Contest reserves the right to accept or reject any abstract without assigning any reason.
- After acceptance, one student author must register for the Poster Contest and pay the $50 submission fee.
- At least one student author must attend the Contest to present the poster.
- Prizes cannot be awarded to students in any country under US sanction.
- Posters must be in PDF and may be no larger than 36”x48”
- A 10 minute presentation (e.g. PPT) including Q&A about the poster.
POSTER SESSION SCHEDULE AND SET UP FOR CONTESTANTS
- Posters must be submitted in advance for posting on the SusTech 2021 website.
- Poster session is open 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm (or until all posters have been presented).
- Judging will occur after the poster presentations and winners will be announced and notified the next day. Criteria include the poster and the presentation.
- If selected as one of the winning posters, you will need to file US IRS tax forms to receive your prize.
ENTER USING THE FORM BELOW
- SusTech 2021 Student Poster Contest
- SusTech Talks #3 – GIS – Mapping the Way to a Sustainable World – A Digital Transformation
- SusTech 2021 Call for Late Papers
- SusTech 2021 Early Registration Open
- SusTech 2021 Featured Presentation – Enabling What Customers Want by Dr. Benjamin Park
San Fernando Valley Section
Coastal Los Angeles Section