Sustainability is defined as pursuit of environmentally sound development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the future!
The theme of the 2016 IEEE Technologies for Sustainability (SusTech) Conference is “Sustainability in an Intelligent World”.
The conference is designed to explore the development and application of science, engineering and technology to promote sustainability. It brings together technologists and scholars from multiple disciplines to hold a dialogue on environmental issues and collaborate on ideas to develop and utilize innovative tools and intelligent systems to address them. The Conference strives to provide attendees the tools, connections and proactive solutions to take their sustainability programs to the next level. It is also an excellent forum to showcase various technologies in development that address sustainability topics.
The conference is a combination of academic papers and invited speakers with specialties that are making an impact in the environment sustainability.
Attendees will have the opportunity to tailor their conference experience by selecting sessions from different strategic areas of focus, including:
- Internet of Things – IOT (e.g.: Sensors, computing, control, communication, storage and drive electronics targeted for IOT applications, medical electronics, drones)
- Smart Grid (e.g. communication, control, power electronics, energy storage, demand control and response)
- eWaste: (e.g. reduction, conversion, disposal, recycling, reuse, harvesting, managing product lifecycle)
- Renewable Energy (e.g. solar, wind, tidal, fuel cells, energy harvesting, nuclear, thermal, power distribution)
- Water (e.g. Sourcing & distribution, conservation, harvesting, waste disposal, recycling)
- Electronics (e.g. components and systems, sustainable manufacturing, automotive and industrial applications)
- Energy Efficiency (e.g. sensing and measurement, energy saving, auto electrification & fuel economy, data centers)
- Transportation (e.g. electric & autonomous vehicles, aviation, motors, drive controls, batteries)
- Societal Implications of Technology (e.g. engineering of sustainable solutions, implementation challenges for sustainable technologies, Smart Cities, ethics and professional responsibility, risk management, public policy)
The workshop sessions are conducted by leading experts in their field. They are a great opportunity to learn about the best practices in the field.
Keynote sessions will feature some of the world’s leading thinkers and change agents focused on the most pressing issues in the industry. Please look for the announcement for keynote speakers.
Visit the display of various products and services contributing to Sustainability
Student Poster Contest. Prizes will be awarded to best posters.
The Conference will be held at Airport Marriott 1101 North 44th Street Phoenix, AZ 85008 on October 9-11, 2016
Who Should Attend?
Your company‘s managers, technologist and engineers engaged in product definition, development and manufacturing various products and services, along with senior executives looking to incorporate sustainability into strategic business planning. Representatives from the affected functional areas of operations including marketing, communications, and procurement. Key officials from government, NGOs and advocacy groups that are interested in partnerships with the industry and retailing industries. Students and faculty engaged in core sciences, engineering, sustainability, communication, environment and policy making.
SusTech (https://ieee-sustech.org) is an IEEE Region 6 conference hosted by IEEE Phoenix section, and is co-sponsored by the IEEE Phoenix and Oregon Sections, IEEE Region 6 and IEEE-USA. With technical sponsorship by the IEEE SSIT (Society for Social Implications of Technology). Past SusTech conferences were held in Portland (OR) and Ogden (UT).
- SusTech Talk – Nov ’21: Improved Bus Service on Ten Times less Energy
- SusTech Talk – Oct ’21: Power of Personal and Professional Handprints
- Announcing SusTech 2022 Call for Papers and Reviewers
- ISO Strategic Advisory Group Smart Farming – Call for Nomination of Experts
- SusTech Talk – Sep ’21: Clean Energy Designs using Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) Simulations
Learn about 2022 Committee Members
San Fernando Valley Section
Coastal Los Angeles Section