Call For Papers 2016
CALL FOR PAPERS
4th Annual IEEE Conference on Technologies for Sustainability (SusTech 2016)
Phoenix, AZ. October 9 – 11, 2016
Download Call for Papers PDF here.
The submission deadline for the SusTech 2016 Call for Papers Abstracts has been extended from June 3 to June 24.
Note: Abstracts submitted by the June 3 deadline are being reviewed and notification of acceptances will be sent by June 30 or as soon as the individual abstract reviews are completed. Abstracts submitted after June 3 are intended to be reviewed as they come in, with notification made once review is s complete.
Sustainability: the pursuit of environmentally sound development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the future
The 4th Annual IEEE Technologies for Sustainability (SusTech 2016) Conference is designed to explore the development and application of science, engineering and technology in achieving a sustainable lifestyle for humanity. It brings together scientists, engineers, technologists and scholars from multiple disciplines to hold a dialogue on environmental issues and collaborate on ideas to develop and utilize innovative tools and intelligent systems to address them. The attendees are expected to be exposed to the tools, connections and proactive solutions to take their sustainability programs to the next level.
SusTech 2016 conference will feature technical papers, posters and workshops. A number of prominent experts will be giving keynotes and invited talks. Best Posters and Papers in the conference will be eligible for an award. Full papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings. Conference content that meet IEEE quality review standards will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore® as well as other Abstracting & Indexing (A&I) databases.
Proposals are solicited for both oral and poster presentations from industry, government and academia (including students) covering relevant research, technologies, methodologies, tools and case studies. Topics with policy implications are also welcome. Poster presentations this year will be limited to students.
Topics of Interest
- Internet of Things – IOT (e.g.: sensors, computing, control, communication, storage and drive electronics targeted for IOT applications, medical electronics, drones)
- Smart Grid (e.g. communication, control, power electronics, energy storage, demand control and response)
- eWaste (e.g. reduction, conversion, disposal, recycling, reuse, harvesting, managing product lifecycle)
- Renewable Energy (e.g. solar, wind, tidal, fuel cells, energy harvesting, nuclear, thermal, power distribution)
- Water (e.g. Sourcing & distribution, conservation, harvesting, waste disposal, reusage)
- Electronics (e.g. components and systems, sustainable manufacturing, automotive and industrial applications)
- Energy Efficiency (e.g. sensing and measurement, energy saving, auto electrification & fuel economy, data centers)
- Transportation (e.g. electric & autonomous vehicles, aviation, motors, drive controls, batteries)
- Societal Implications of Technology (e.g. engineering of sustainable solutions, implementation challenges for sustainable technologies, Smart Cities, ethics and professional responsibility, risk management, public policy)
Instructions to Authors: Submit in PDF form, a two page abstract of the poster or oral presentation in via the SusTech 2016 website. For details including information for authors, please visit the conference website. Select Authors tab and follow the instructions there.
|Key Dates||Submission deadline for paper and poster abstracts.|
|Notification of acceptance.|
|August 15, 2016||Final manuscript submission deadline.|
SusTech 2016 General Chair: Gopi Krishnan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
SusTech 2016 Program Chair: Vivek Gupta (email@example.com)
SusTech 2016 is co-sponsored by the IEEE Phoenix and Oregon Sections, IEEE Region 6 and IEEE-USA; and technically sponsored by the IEEE Society for Social Implications-of Technology (SSIT).
- SusTech Talk – July ’21: IEEE MOVE Community Outreach Program
- SusTech 2021 Proceedings Published in IEEE Xplore
- IEEE SVS Sustainability Chapter Webinar – Electric Motors
- SusTech 2021 Program Guide available
- SusTech 2021 Program Registration
There are no upcoming events at this time.
San Fernando Valley Section
Coastal Los Angeles Section