Call for Papers – 2015
>>>Abstracts deadline extended to 9-March<<<
Download a PDF of the second CFP here.
IEEE Region 6
3rd IEEE Conference on Technologies for Sustainability
Call for Papers
Interested? Sign-on to our interest list on the home page – ieee.org/sustech
The intent of the SusTech conference is to explore the comprehensive nature of sustainability and to emphasize the role of technology in achieving a sustainable life style for humanity. The topic listings below are meant to indicate the breadth of the area and are definitely not to be considered exhaustive.
- Agriculture (e.g., control and production of fertilizers, soil, water conservation, irrigation, fisheries )
- Alternative Energy (e.g. solar, wind, tidal, fuel cells, energy harvesting, nuclear, thermal)
- Energy Efficiency (e.g. sensors and measurement, energy saving controls, auto electronics & fuel economy, data centers, power saving, Smart Environment)
- Transportation Electrification (e.g. electric vehicles, aviation, motors, drive controls, batteries, sensors, environmental & power distribution impacts)
- Smart Grid (e.g. communications, control, power electronics, industrial and home applications, energy storage, demand control and response)
- Sustainable Electronics (e.g. sustainable manufacturing, components, global materials supply, hardware life-cycle, nanotechnology & health/environment, reuse and repair of consumer electronics, materials harvesting from electronic waste, Open repair manuals and on-line repair and electronics sustainability resources, best practices)
- Societal Implications / Quality of Life (e.g. EM spectrum allocation, global warming, autonomous vehicles, health & medical electronics, global education & human resources, risk management, remediation, purification, public policy)
Tutorials, Workshops and Papers are solicited for both oral and poster presentation from industry, government and academia (including students) covering relevant research, technologies, methodologies, tools and case studies.
In addition, we are seeking proposals for tutorials and workshops on Certifications & Standards (e.g. verification, standards, regulations, compliance).
New for 2015 is an undergraduate Student Poster Contest with cash prizes. Students must submit a 2-page abstract of the poster in IEEE format. Abstracts in PDF should be submitted via the website or to email@example.com. A full paper is not required to accompany the poster. Rules for the Poster Contest and full details including template can be found here. Low cost student housing will be available on campus.
SusTech will feature contributed papers and distinguished invited speakers in each track. Full papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings. Conference content that meet IEEE quality review standards will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore® as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases. Topics with policy implications are welcome, in both technologies for sustainability and sustainable technologies.
|Acceptance notification:||April 15|
|Final paper deadline:||May 15 23:59 ET
|SusTech General Chair:||Dan Donahoe (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|SusTech Program Chair:||Ed Perkins (email@example.com)|
SUSTECH 2015 is financially co-sponsored by the IEEE Oregon Section, IEEE Utah Section, IEEE Region 6 and IEEE-USA.
Technically co-sponsored by IEEE Society on Social Implications of Technology (SSIT), IEEE Consumer Electronics Society (CES), ASME Utah
- SusTech Talk – Nov ’21: Improved Bus Service on Ten Times less Energy
- SusTech Talk – Oct ’21: Power of Personal and Professional Handprints
- Announcing SusTech 2022 Call for Papers and Reviewers
- ISO Strategic Advisory Group Smart Farming – Call for Nomination of Experts
- SusTech Talk – Sep ’21: Clean Energy Designs using Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) Simulations
Learn about 2022 Committee Members
San Fernando Valley Section
Coastal Los Angeles Section