Student Poster Contest
SusTech 2015 invites undergraduate students to submit abstracts for the Student Poster Contest.
Students are invited to send in ideas or designs for developing projects/products supporting the sustainability topics areas of the Conference. The selected posters will be displayed during the SusTech 2015 Student Poster Session, being held in the greater Salt Lake City area, in Ogden, Utah, USA.
The deadline to submit poster abstracts is midnight US Mountain Time,
May 15, 2015 June 15, 2015.
Notification of acceptance will be June 15.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Poster authors must be undergraduate students at the time of submission and may be members of a team comprising of up to four students. At least one student author must be an IEEE student member at the time of the submission of the poster to the Contest. The poster should be fully the work of the student or students and completed before they have received the engineering or scientific degree.
HOW TO SUBMIT?
To participate in the contest students should write a 2-page description (abstract) of the poster and submit it using the application form below by the specified deadline. The abstracts will be reviewed and authors notified by June 1st if they will be presenting at SusTech. If you have any questions or problems submitting your abstract, contact Dan Donahoe, SusTech 2015 chair, firstname.lastname@example.org. Contestants will need to prepare a poster of no larger than 48 x 36 inches. A Word IEEE template for the poster abstract can be found here. A sample poster template can be downloaded here.
Cash prizes will be awarded for first, second and third places as determined by the judges. ASME Utah is generously providing the prizes: $250 first, $150 second and $100 third. The winning and other selected posters may be placed on public view after the conference at the Salt Lake City Library.
Rules regarding submissions:
- Poster authors must be undergraduate students at the time of submission and may be members of a team comprising of up to four students.
- At least one student author must be an IEEE student member at the time of the submission of the poster to the Contest.
- The poster should be fully the work of the student or students and completed before they have received their engineering or scientific degree.
- The poster abstract should not be previously published or presented at another conference which has assigned copyright. If any plagiarism or copyright issues are found for the abstract, it will not be accepted.
- Poster abstracts must be submitted by the deadline. Abstracts submitted afterward will not be considered for evaluation.
- The organizing/review committee of the SusTech 2015 Student Poster Contest reserves the right to accept or reject any abstract without assigning any reason.
- Posters may be no larger than 4ft x 3ft
- Posters will be mounted onto easels with push pins
- Posters must be prepared as a single poster..
Poster Session Schedule and Set Up for Contestants
- Set up begins at 3:00 pm. At least one of the authoring students must be present at the SusTech Conference.
- Poster boards will be numbered. Presenters should attach their posters to the board number corresponding to the number assigned to their poster.
- Judging will occur from 3:30-4:00pm.
- Poster session is open 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm.
- Take down by presenters no later than 6:30 pm. Posters not removed by 6:30 pm will be taken to the Registration area.
- If selected as one of the winning posters, you will receive a ribbon on your poster and will also be notified via email.
- The SusTech Conference may request that prize posters be held temporarily for public display.
- Submission Deadline Extended for SusTech 2021
- Call for Applications for Invited Speakers at SusTech 2021
- SusTech-Talks #2 Nov. 24 – Cognitive Approach to Building a Safe and Smart Cities/Societies
- SusTech 2021 Keynote – Renewable Energy System by Jay Schmuecker and David Toyne
- SusTech 2021 Keynote – Analysis and Synthesis of Sustainable Systems by Dr. Vasilios I. Manousiouthakis
San Fernando Valley Section
Coastal Los Angeles Section