Panels & Special Events
Sunday November 12
Sunday – Workshops
W1: Makers & Sustainability Workshop II (Palo Verde)
W2: Mobile Microgrid Training Platform Workshop (Amphitheater)
Sunday – Poster Contest & Opening Reception
PC: Poster Contest (Ballroom)
OR: Opening Reception (Ballroom)
Monday November 13
Monday – Opening Session & Keynote
8:00-9:00 AM (Ballroom)
Welcome: Vivek Gupta, General Chair SusTech 2017
Opening Remarks: Kathleen Kramer, IEEE Region 6 Director
Opening Keynote: “Earth Observation Processing and Analytics Services”
Lauryn Gutowski, Project Manager, EOS Data Analytics, Inc.
Monday – Environment Panel
9:00-10:00 AM (Ballroom)
“UN SDG (Sustainable Development Goals) challenges & IEEE’s response”
What is the role of technical professional societies like IEEE in responding to the UN SDG? Is it part of their mission? Or it is best left to their members? Should IEEE et al strive to play a key role as a technology innovator?
|Vin Piuri (moderator)|
|Paul Cunningham||2017-2018 President, IEEE SSIT|
|Rene Garello||IEEE Environmental Engineering|
|Jim Jefferies||2017 IEEE President-elect|
Monday – Lunch & Keynote
12:00-1:30 PM (Ballroom)
Lunch Keynote: “Energy Infrastructure of the Future”
Joshua D. Rhodes, Webber Energy Group and the Energy Institute at The University of Texas at Austin
Monday – Conference Dinner & Keynote
6:00 PM Reception (Ballroom)
7:00-8:30 PM Dinner (Ballroom)
Dinner Keynote: “The Central Arizona Project”
Theodore C. Cooke, General Manager, Central Arizona Water Conservation District
Tuesday November 14
Tuesday – Sustainability Policy Panel
8:00-9:00 AM (Ballroom)
Policy questions to consider
- As U.S. Government Pulls Back on Energy Efficiency, how will State Governments and the Private Sector React?
- As the U.S. EPA is pulled back and U.S. DOE’s energy efficiency program loses budget, will states step in? Which ones?
- How does this impact corporate innovation and standards?
- Will manufacturers have the right incentives to continue with voluntary agreements on energy efficiency in devices and testing?
|Ed Perkins (moderator)|
|Katie Reilly||Consumer Technology Association (producer of CES)|
|Mark Hartman||Chief Sustainability Officer, City of Phoenix (Arizona)|
|Patricia Reiter||Executive Director, Rob and Melani Walton Sustainability Solutions Initiatives, Arizona State University|
Tuesday – Sustainability Industry Forum
1:30-3:30 PM (Ballroom)
|Mark Goldstein (moderator)||President, International Research Center|
|Bill Bader||International Electronics Manufacturing Initiative (iNEMI)||“The iNEMI 2017 Sustainable Electronics Roadmap”|
|Eric Bill||Autocase||“The “Holy Grail”: Automating the business case for greener, healthier buildings & sites”|
|Taimur Burki||Intel||“What it takes to build a smart and green state of the art building”|
|Charles Ross||NXP Semiconductors||“Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and the Future of Driving”|
- SusTech 2021 Program Guide available
- SusTech 2021 Program Registration
- Announcing SusTech 2021 Home Automation IoT Workshop
- SusTech Talks #7 – Better Environmental Assessment Tools Help Property Owners, Investors & Lenders Cope with Increasing Flood, Extreme Weather and Climate Risks
- SusTech Talks #6 – Sustainable Electronics – From Dumped e-Waste to a Circular Economy: What is Needed?
There are no upcoming events at this time.
San Fernando Valley Section
Coastal Los Angeles Section