Welcome to SusTech 2015.
SusTech 2015 is being held July 30-Aug 1 at Weber State University in Ogden, Utah.
The Advanced Program has been posted:
See the overall Schedule of sessions and events. Find Things to Do in Ogden and vicintiy.
We have a 1/2 day Workshop on the Fundamentals of Air Pollution.
Preview the Contributed Papers Sessions, check out the Invited Speakers, and our Keynotes.
Check out Lodging Options, and Transportation options from the airport.
The intention of the SusTech conference is to explore the comprehensive nature of sustainability and to emphasize the role of technology in achieving a sustainable life style for humanity. The topic listings below are meant to indicate the breadth of the area and are definitely not to be considered exhaustive.
- Agricultural Sustainability (e.g. control and production of fertilizers, soil, water conservation, irrigation, fisheries)
- Alternative Energy (e.g. solar, wind, tidal, fuel cells, energy harvesting, nuclear, thermal)
- Energy Efficiency (e.g. sensors and measurement, energy saving controls, auto electronics & fuel economy, data centers, power saving, Smart Environment)
- Transportation Electrification (e.g. electric vehicles, aviation, motors, drive controls, batteries, sensors, environmental & power distribution impacts)
- Smart Grid (e.g. communications, control, power electronics, industrial and home applications, energy storage, demand control and response)
- Sustainable Electronics (e.g. sustainable manufacturing,components, global materials supply, hardware life-cycle, nanotechnology & health/environment, reuse and repair of consumer electronics, materials harvesting from electronic waste, Open repair manuals and on-line repair and electronics sustainability resources, best practices
- Societal Implications / Quality of Life (e.g. EM spectrum allocation, global warming, autonomous vehicles, health & medical electronics, global education & human resources, risk management, remediation, purification, public policy)
Tutorials, Workshops and Papers are solicited for both oral and poster presentation from industry, government and academia (including students) covering relevant research, technologies, methodologies, tools and case studies.
In addition, we are seeking proposals for tutorials and workshops on Certifications & Standards (e.g. verification, standards, regulations, compliance).
SusTech will feature contributed papers and distinguished invited speakers in each track. Full papers will be published in the Proceedings and IEEE Xplore®. Topics with policy implications are welcome, in both technologies for sustainability and sustainable technologies.
The conference will be held at Weber State University in the City of Ogden. The University has discount dorms available for students. For 2015, we plan a big poster session and other features to attract undergraduate students. Low cost high quality public transportation is available from Salt Lake City Airport to Odgen, and detailed travel instruction will be forthcoming. If you are a faculty member at a university, this is a wonderful opportunity to introduce your best students to a professional conference with technical topics of broad appeal.
We have opportunities for exhibitors and patrons to underwrite various aspects of the program. See the Patrons & Exhibits page for a description and contact information.
What People Have Said About SusTech
I had such a great experience at SusTech 2013 in August this year. Everyone was so kind and helpful in getting my paper submitted and formatted properly. Everything associated with the conference was flawless to me including the registration process, hotel accommodations and travel info to/from the airport. Great job to all involved. – Julanne McCulley
I think SusTech 2013 was a success in both planning and quality of presentations. I also think the keynote speakers were well chosen and their talks were in line with the conference goals. Thank you, and I am looking forward to SusTech 2014! – Salman Kahrobaee
The venue was in a perfect location. It was great to be able to take public transportation easily from the airport to the hotel door. I wish all conferences could be this easy to get to. The hotel is in a convenient location next to the mall.
It was organized and well done. Thanks to all your volunteers, you can be proud of this huge success!
I really liked, that a lot of the participants are from TSO and Industrie and not only academic speakers, it was a nice mix and result also in useful discussions and feedback and not only the increasing the height of the ivory towers.
Great conference and very good selection of presentations. I found it very hard to attend all the ones I wanted to because of overlapping times.
- IEEE Webinar – Advancing Sustainability: IEEE Thought Leadership & New Initiatives on Sustainable Development
- SusTech 2022 Student Poster Contest
- SusTech Talk Jan. 2022 – The Sustainability Challenges of Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC)
- SusTech 2022 Registration is now Open
- Call for Late Papers
Learn about 2022 Committee Members
San Fernando Valley Section
Coastal Los Angeles Section